Grecian Gardens Restaurant 2312 Sunset Blvd
Saturday August 3rd will be an all day hands-on workshop on Black & White Photography:
Focus will be on Nature Photography:
- Discuss “inspiration images” from Monochrome Awards
- Discuss each participant’s “before” color image and thoughts re conversion to B&W
- Review the concept of creating a conversion/editing action plan
- Demonstrate the black and white conversion workflow using Adobe Lightroom
- Demonstrate the black and white conversion workflow using Nik Silver Effects Pro
- Demonstrate how to make subtle, local adjustments using Adobe Photoshop layers and layer masks
- Lab time for participants to work on editing their own images. Mary Louise will consult with each participant to assist where needed.
- Review and critique of participants’ final converted images from “before” to “after” images
Workshop will be Saturday August 3rd starting at 9:00 AM
Cost of workshop is $75.00
There are only 15 total slots for this workshop so that the instructor can provide student assistance and attention throughout the workshop.
This is a first-come-first serve sign up event.
Attendees will need to pre-pay by check to hold a slot.
Make check out to: Midlands – CNPA
Send your check to Roger Buenzow
PO Box 327, Chapin, SC 29036
When you sign-up for the workshop:
- Send an email to Roger [with B & W Workshop in the Subject Line] at email@example.com letting him know you are sending your workshop fee.
- Once your fee is received you will be notified that your slot is confirmed.
- When all the slots are filled an email notification will be sent out.
Location of Workshop:
Grecian Gardens Restaurant
2312 Sunset Blvd, West Columbia, SC
Start Time Is: 09:00 AM
Morning Session: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Pay As You Go Lunch: 12:00 to 1:00 PM
Afternoon Session: 1:00 to 4:00 PM
Attendees should bring the following:
- A laptop computer with the following programs:
- NIK – Silver Effect Pro
- Four to five images in RAW format to process during the workshop
Note: This will be a hands-on workshop processing photos you bring with you. We will not be doing any outside photography to gather images.
If you have any questions- email Roger at firstname.lastname@example.org with B&W Workshop in the Subject Line.